3 Ways you pay.
• This is one of the costliest and most dangerous forms of insurance fraud. Dangerous because New Yorkers have been injured and killed by these scams. Scams includes:
• Staged auto accidents •Inflated injury and damage claims
• False registration •Faulty air-bag or windshield replacement
• Towing scams
• This deadly crime is hard to spot but can have devastating consequences.
• Most healthcare workers and services are legitimate. However, some unscrupulous doctors repeatedly prescribe pain killers solely for profit and with little regard for their patient’s well-being. Bogus addiction clinics can deliver little or no effective treatment but make big bucks in the process.
• One of the ways these fraudsters make money is by filing false insurance claims.
Workers Compensation Fraud.
• At least 50,000 construction workers in New York City, one of four, are paid off the books or misclassified as independent contractors.
• More than 39,500 employers misclassify 704,785 workers, or 10.3 percent of the workforce throughout New York State each year.
• Dishonest employees will knowingly make bogus claims for workplace injuries against their employer's workers comp policies.
• In construction, 45,474 workers, or 14.8 percent of New York's workforce, are misclassified as independent contractors each year.
These costs are added to the prices you pay for everything! Get more of the information you need. Download our digital brochure and checkout our 2019 TV commercial below.